Retin-A is a trade name of a generic drug called tretinoin. Retin-A (tretinoin) is a topical preparation of Vitamin A thus it can help reduce wrinkles and sun damage. This product is known to be effective in treating acne, exfoliate the skin and can treat skin discoloration due to sun damage. This product is also rich in its antioxidant properties thus it can be effective in fighting the signs of aging. But there are many negative feedbacks about this product. Many users claim that Retin-A can irritate their skin especially when applied to sensitive skin. Retin-A can also make the skin extremely sensitive to the sun. People who are using this product must stay out from direct contact to sunlight.
Dosage: 0.05 % Cream 45gms/tube
Note: Retin-A is a prescription skin care treatment. Prices may vary depending on the company that sells this product.
3 main uses of Retin-A:
- Topical treatment of acne.
- Treatment to visible signs of aging and can reduce the appearance of fine lines and age spots.
- Can be used as a topical tretinoin to help enhance the effects on minoxidil hair loss treatment.
- This product is a prescription product.
- Retin-A is costly.
- There are feedbacks that it can irritate the skin.
- It will not work well on sensitive skin.
- It can cause extreme sensitivity to sunlight
- It contains antioxidants.
- It is effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- This product can treat acne and can exfoliate dead skin cells.
- It is effective in reducing age spots.
Guarantee: Depends on the company that sells the product.
Conclusion: Retin-A is really effective in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and sun damage. But there are some major drawbacks in using this product. There are many claims that this product can irritate the skin and can make the skin more sensitive to sunlight. This product may not work on sensitive skin. And remember, this product is a prescription skin care treatment and it is a bit costly compared to other products than can be bought over-the-counter.